What’s new in Overwatch Retribution
The Overwatch Archives event is now live and the new PvE game mode Retribution is out!
Let’s take a look at what’s new in this patch.
The new mode puts characters McCree, Moira, Reaper, and Genji against Talon operatives in Venice, Itlay. Rialto is a district located in Venice. This new map was shown during the last broadcast on Wednesday of Overwatch League. The map would be used for Retribution PvE and also as an Escort map later on. Fans were expecting a new map anyway, so it’s no surprise. It’s available right now for play.
Last years Uprising event is also back and so has Blackwatch. These events have four different difficulty levels with a plethora of achievements to unlock by finishing them. They also allow players to go through a campaign-like mode and an alternative mode that allows them to play as any hero of their choosing.
Overwatch Archives also offers tons of new skins and cosmetics to drain your wallet like no other. Eight new Legendary Skins are available along with three highlight intros and six unique victor poses. Uprising content is also back at normal prices for a limited time. You’ll also get a free loot box when you first log in as well. There’s also a new “Avoid as teammate” feature to ban two players from your team when queuing for a period of seven days. This is useful to avoid certain people you just can’t work with. Players who get banned will get a message on their dash telling them that they’ve been singled out.
A few bug fixes have been implemented as usual, and game balance as well. Here are some notable changes in the patch:
- Blizzard World has also been changed. Point B has been shifted back 10 meters to the opposite side of the archway to balance out spawn points.
- D. Va’s Micro Missiles got nerfed from 6 to 4 points and impact damage from has also been reduced 15 points.
- Mei’s Endothermic Blaster can now pierce enemies and also freeze them.
- Reaper’s Ultimate will reload his guns after use and his Wraith Form has increased move speed by to 50% bonus and he can cancel Wraith Form at any time by firing or pressing Shift.
- Moira’s Biotic Grasp, Fade, and Coalescence Ultimates have new transparency settings to reduce clutter.
- Zenyatta’s RoF on his secondary attack has also been reduced slightly.
It’s all looking good for Overwatch fans, but some have reported that download speeds are slower. However, this is intentionally done according to a post by Developer Bill Warnecke as new files are installing after they’re downloaded. It’s a huge patch also, so hopefully you have some fast DL speeds.
While you’re waiting for your download, here’s a video you can check out about the Retribution event.