Respawn Entertainment put out the latest patch for Apex Legends. Ready to see what’s new?
The patch dropped today and it’s the second patch ever released for the game that took the world by storm. It was released this morning on all platforms and mainly consists of bug fixes and balancing, with some performance fixes. The patch is mainly geared towards PS4 believe it or not.
The majority of fixes in this patch address game crashes. One fix in particular looks into the PS4’s GPU which causes it to hang and this cause a game crash. Another one is due to pushing a button early on when the game loads which froze the game.
On Xbox One, the Gibralatar epic skins also cause crashes and this patch fixes them as well as the damn crash caused by Mirage’s ability across all platforms.
There was also that annoying thing where your character would slow down after your character is downed.
In other Apex Legends news, the game has some big plans coming soon, including a Survival mode, free, and paid Battle Pass.
Here are the patch notes for everything:
- Addresses issues we saw with GPU hangs.
- Fixed crash when pressing button early in load process.
- Fixed issue where players would sometimes move slowly after revive.
- Fixed issue with Mirage Ability causing crashes.
- Fixed issue with Gibraltar Epic skins on Xbox One causing crashes