Treyarch has released a new launch day patch for Call of Duty: Blacks Ops 4 that covers everything from UI to FPS to player count. This is the first major update Treyarch has released so far, and it just so happens that’s it on the launch of CoD: BO4.
Let’s dive in and see what’s new.
The major change is for FPS for PC players. Originally, it was capped at 120FPS. Now Treyarch has raised that to 160FPS this afternoon and eventually plans to remove the FPS cap in the coming days. Now PC gamers can enjoy BO4 without stutter and get that silky smooth G-Sync or FreeSync gameplay they crave.
The right-click bug where a UI would appear in the Personalization menu was fixed. This was pretty annoying to deal with. A few other UI bugs were fixed with menus being persistent when the game starts or Socials/Settings menus being not accessible during Blackout.
Razor Wire also now won’t trigger “team kill” detection in Hardcore modes.
Spawning locations in Domination were fixed.
Some general stability improvements have also been made.
Some other minor fixes were also released to all platforms today. Various UI enhancements for the menus were updated and some stat tracking problems were fixed in Blackout mode. Apparently, some players had XP issues for multiplayer which has also been resolved.
Some mode changes for Zombies have also been added. Easter eggs are now live for all regions so you can hunt down and find the hidden eggs all over the Zombies game modes in Voyage of Despair, IX, Classified, and Blood of the Dead.
And a few other fixes were also done: FFA players would also sometimes appear on a team together, this has been fixed. Players can also now get extra XP for unlocking Reactive and Mastercraft camos. And some game descriptions for Challenge modes were fixed.
Treyarch is monitoring the BO4 subreddit for player feedback and will have another detailed update coming tomorrow, October 13th. Right now, they’re actively listening to suggestions, bugs, and other posts by players across their social channels based on a post on the BO4 subreddit:
“First off: we’re currently tracking everything you’ve been sharing with us here on the subreddit and across our social channels. We’ll have a more detailed update coming tomorrow, so please keep your feedback coming in the comments below in the meantime. We see you.”
Here are the full patch notes (via Reddit):
Welcome to Launch Day!
After three years, two Betas, and an incredible amount of feedback from the Call of Duty community, we’re finally able to celebrate the official launch of Black Ops 4 with you all!
This only the beginning…
You can expect regular updates and frequent communication from us going forward, just like during our MP and Blackout Betas. The big difference today: October 12th marks the beginning of a living, breathing game that we’re fully committed to over the long haul. There’s going to be a lot to talk about, starting with today’s game update.
First off: we’re currently tracking everything you’ve been sharing with us here on the subreddit and across our social channels. We’ll have a more detailed update coming tomorrow, so please keep your feedback coming in the comments below in the meantime. We see you.
Also, a hugely important piece of news for our Zombies players: we’ve enabled Easter Eggs worldwide in Voyage of Despair, IX, Blood of the Dead, and Classified! Good hunting out there.
We’ve made the following updates to the game today (Global):
- Made many stability and UI improvements based on early tracking of live issues prior to official launch.
- Fixed an issue where Free-for-All players could sometimes appear on a team together.
- Players are now granted bonus XP for unlocking Reactive and Mastercraft camos.
- Corrected some inaccurate Challenge descriptions.
- Turned on Easter Eggs for all Zombies levels.
- Addressed some issues with Merits and stat tracking.
We’ve also made the following additional fixes specific to PC:
- Framerate cap increased to 160 FPS; uncapped framerate planned in the coming days.
- Fixed an issue causing a UI error to appear when right-clicking characters in the Personalization menu.
- Fixed an issue that caused UI elements to persist on screen when opening the Player menu at the same time as a match starting.
- Fixed an issue causing the Social and Settings menus to be inaccessible when spectating in Blackout.
And of course, there are many other improvements in the works based on reporting from the community. Here are just a handful of the big topics that we’re working on for future updates:
- We’re aware that players have been able to use Gestures (often referred to by the community as “Emotes”) to peek around corners in modes where that can create an unfair advantage. We’re currently working on an update that creates two systems for Gestures – the default system that is in the game now, and a competitive version that disables free look and applies different camera settings to prevent using it to see around corners. The default system will be used in parts of the game where corner peeking won’t affect gameplay balance (like the staging area of Blackout), and the competitive version will be used in modes where a more restrictive camera system is needed. We want players to always have fun with Gestures as intended, but never at the expense of fair gameplay!
- There have been reports of sub-optimal spawning in Domination. We’re aware and working to improve that immediately.
- Razor Wire should never trigger “team kill” detection in Hardcore modes. This is unintentional and will be fixed.
These and many other improvements are in progress, so stay tuned to this subreddit for future updates. This post is just the first of many. Remember to tag your craziest clips with #CODTopPlays on Twitter, stay hydrated out there, and enjoy everything all three modes have to offer! We’ll see you online.