Square Enix revealed that they would be bringing new Final Fantasy games to the Switch. This was news back in September of this year and would be the first time many of these Final Fantasy games would be on a Nintendo platform.
A trio of the newest entries into the long-running, legendary series that is Final Fantasy just made the list of games to be ported onto the Nintendo Switch:
- Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 (HD Remaster bundle)
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
Here are some product features (via Amazon)
- Updated and reconstructed visuals to be Far more realistic and richly textured vs the original game
- Upgraded models for each character, graphical updates for a more immersive environment, Xbox One exclusive Achievements
- Estimated gameplay hours: 40-50 per title
- Sound – players will be able to choose between original sound and the new, re-arranged sound
They’ve all just become available for pre-order. Pricing for X and X-2 HD will be available on the Switch as a collection and will run you mere $49.99- less than the price of a AAA title for these bundled, remastered, epic games.
This is an awesome price, especially if you’ve never played them before. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will also be available for $49.99 and will be the Definitive Edition of FFXII. For the books, these prices are identical to the launch prices on PS4.
FFX is the most recent game that features turn-based strategic combat and does it right. FFX-2 has a newer combat system based on character avatars and equips that focuses more on real-time combat. FFXII is a passive combat system that works by deciding what your character will do before the actual battle takes place.
Each game is wildly different in terms of the combat, so players can literally cherry pick their favorite. PC and PS4 had their share of FF games, now it’s time for some Nintendo action! Awesome.
Release dates have been confirmed. The games will be released on December 31, 2019. So that’s more than a year from now. Regardless, we’ll keep you updated until then.