The first Super Smash Bros. Ultimate patch has been released. This is version 1.1.0 and adds a new difficulty mode to the World of Light single-player mode, a new Mii fighter costume, and some game balancing and bug fixes.
With SSBU being a huge success in sales numbers (being the best-selling video game product on Amazon within hours of its release), Nintendo has already pushed out update 1.1.0.
Some replay data won’t be available once you download and install the new patch, so if you want to save your data, you’ll have to convert them in the Vault by selecting “Convert to Video” before you update the game. The new patch adds a hard mode the game’s Adventure Mode (World of Light). A new Mii Fighter costume from Xenoblade Chronicles 2’s Rex has also been added. Players can also now receive gifts from other players and spirt event data.
There have also been various game balance adjustments and bug fixes.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate just rolled this morning and has already topped the charts on Amazon- selling more copies than other games and accessories (including digital cards) across all platforms, and marking the record for the best pre-sales history of any SSB game in Nintendo history.
The full Super Smash Bros. Ultimate patch notes for the 1.1.0 update can be found below:
- Added a Hard difficulty to Adventure mode.
- Online now includes Quickplay, Battle Arenas, Spectate, and Background Matchmaking.
- Global Smash Power will now be displayed.
- Note that the above requires a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
Game Data Adjustments
- The ability to receive spirit event data has been added.
- The ability to receive presents has been added.
- The special bonus for the Fighters Pass, Xenoblade Chronicles 2’s Rex’s Mii Fighter costume (Swordfighter type), has been added.
- Game balance adjustments.
- Various gameplay fixes.
- To enter Online mode, your software must be updated to the latest version.
- Different versions are not compatible for Local Wireless Battles. Please make sure that all players are using the same version of the software.
For users who have played prior to this update using either the digital or physical game, please be aware of the following
- Replays saved in older versions of the software are not compatible with new updates. Be sure to convert your replays before updating the software.