What’s coming in Sea of Thieves updates
Some users in a Reddit post have gone through and data-mined Sea of Thieve’s code to discover what features are coming up next based on a report via VG247.
If you haven’t heard about this game, it’s developed by Rare and is probably the next big MMORPG. It’s a pirate-themed online experience complete with combat, boats, and everything that entails a pirate on the seas. How could you have not heard of it?
They’ve discovered a bunch of stuff ranging from NPCs, landmarks, weapons, and treasures maps. That’s all the common stuff you’d expect from future updates anyway.
But there are some real golden nuggets you may want to tip you pirate hat at coming in a future patch you may want to look out for.
Spoiler alert: Those who don’t want to get their goods spoiled should stop reading here.
Some notable discoveries in the code include:
- The Kraken is a threat to ships because it wraps them up and drags them underwater. This seems to be a new monster in a near update.
- Players can soon play instruments like banjos, fiddles, drums, and ukeleles.
- Ship customization is going all out as well- you can swap your mast, livery, wheel, cargo, and figureheads.
- New maps are coming like the Caribbean and such.
- Bugs patches and error fixes.
- Besides this, users are constantly posting new discovering. You may want to keep your eye on the Sea of Thieves subreddit for new updates.
The beta will run until January 31st, so there’s still some time to mess around with the game. Or if you’re already all-hands-on-deck about it, you can pre-order it right now on their official site. The launch is scheduled on March 19, 2018 and will retail for $59.99. And it’ll be available for just Xbox One, Windows 10, and Xbox One X. It’ll also have Play Anywhere included.
You can get more info on their site.
Image via Sea of Thieves site.