Capcom is surviving its Devil May Cry fans. After the DMC5 trailer was released earlier yesterday, Capcom then went on to reveal some major details regarding the Deluxe Edition of the upcoming entry into the long-running series.
For starters, a new piece of key art was shown off for the Deluxe Edition of Devil May Cry 5. The art looks similar to the standard key art- it contains Dante, Nero, and the newly revealed V all standing next to each other with Nico and the Devil May Cry van in the background. This is some pretty awesome key art and gives that “badassery” the game deserves.
The Deluxe Edition will contain a few extra goodies, namely the following (taken from the Microsoft Store page):
- Devil Breaker weapons: Gerbera GP01, Pasta Breaker, Sweet Surrender, Mega Buster
- Dante weapon: Cavaliere R
- Battle music: 3 tracks each from Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2, Devil May Cry 3, and Devil May Cry 4
- Alternative voices: Style Rank Announcers, Title Calls
- Live Action Cutscenes
And for pre-orders, players will receive:
- Alt Hero Colors (Nero, Dante)
- Alt Heroine Colors (Nico, Lady, Trish)
- Buster Arm Early Access (new weapon for Nero)
- 100,000 Red Orbs
The Deluxe Edition retails for $69.99, which is just a measly $10 more than the base game price at $59.99. Hey- it’s cheap for a Deluxe Edition compared to other AAA titles. Fans will likely opt for the Deluxe Edition for the extras. The physical version of Devil May Cry 5 isn’t available for pre-order yet but will be available soon considering that it’s already available for digital retail.
DMC5 is scheduled for release on March 8th, 2019 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Stay tuned for updates.