Fortnite’s update 8.20 will bring a bunch of new fixes to the game, specifically focusing on Pirate Cannons, Clingers, and other various enhancements for Squad Fill.
There was a recent patch note for 8.20 posted on Reddit by the community coordinator for Epic, Sean Hamilton which details the pre-patch notes for the next update. The list focuses on a ton of new changes and gameplay enhancements for the game’s battle royale mode. One specific bug that’ll be squashed is the Squad Fill preferences.
Although not all the patch notes details will be addressed, it may not be possible to fit them all into one patch. but this is what’s on Epic’s plate for the game and all these fixes will be added to the game eventually. So players can kind of gauge on the direction that Epic is headed for their game:
“Keep in mind, while we’re confident in the majority of these fixes, there’s always the potential for a fix to not work as expected or make it into the patch.”
“Once v8.20 [releases] you’ll be able to check out the Patch Notes to confirm what made it into the release,”
Although not everything on this list will be fixed within 8.20, you can get a glimpse on what Epic’s geared towards:
- Weapons + Items
- Fixed an issue where Clingers were damaging players through walls when stuck to another player.
- Fixed an issue preventing Glider item pickups from displaying their stack count.
- Smoothed out the motion of grenade projectile trajectories, which were lagging behind by a tick.
- Entering a vehicle no longer plays the release sound of balloons if you have no balloons.
- The balloon rope will no longer remain on your back when you run out of balloons.
- Fixed an issue where players were flying out of a Pirate Cannon in a different direction than expected.
- Fixed an issue preventing the ability to enter a Pirate Cannon when close to other geometry.
- Fixed the ability for players to finely tune Pirate Cannon’s ability to aim side to side.
- Fixed an issue causing Buried Treasure to spawn loot on the Starting Island.
- Fixed an issue with the icy feet effect remaining on indefinitely while emoting.
- Traps now do damage to The Baller vehicle first before damaging the driver.
- Fixed issue causing some traps to be inside thicker structures, making them hard to see.
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a player being invulnerable while DBNO.
- Fixed the camera sometimes traveling too far when cycling to another player.
- Fixed an issue where poor server performance could cause undesired effects on clients such as unnecessary movement corrections.
- Added a fix for a rare server crash.
- Made a small server performance improvement related to the Baller vehicle.
- Updated animation budgets to be more performant on higher scalability settings.
- Art + Animation
- Fixed a bug where the destruction effects were not playing on the Baller when it’s destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where some items didn’t have proper audio when dropping them from inventory.
- Fixed issue with Main Menu icons becoming off-center.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a player’s Squad Fill preference to reset to “Fill”.
- Fixed an issue where scopes would be missing reticle lines on low settings.
- Fixed an occasional awkward camera movement that would occur when switching to different view targets while spectating.
- Fixed field of view on 21:9 devices.
- Fixed an issue with quickbar and extra buttons that made it possible to cause fire state to be stuck on a continuous loop.
- Fixed an issue causing the camera to jump on initial touch input.
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect building pieces to gain focus when editing.
- Fixed missing outline effect for squad members.
- Fixed minimap remaining on screen during Victory Royale sequence.
- Fixed not being able to select building material while being a passenger in a vehicle.
Writer and journalist for almost a year. Doing this for fun. Learned a lot along the way. I’m interested in businesses and the moves they make, tech and how it changes the world, and of course, enjoy playing some video games! I enjoy console and PC, but mostly RPGs, FPS, and League of Legends.