Fortnite’s November 6 update (V.6.22) brings some major changes to the game, with the most notable update being the new Heavy Assault Rifle.
The new AR is described as a “powerful Assault Rifle that is most useful when fired in short bursts.” This was teased before the patch by Epic, and fans have been looking forward with eager anticipation to try it out.
With short bursts, it’s likely a powerful weapon with a pretty strong recoil, so one must learn how to aim properly to maximize its effectiveness. There’s no probably no spraying and praying here- unless you’re doing CQC.
The update includes a few new notable things:
Team Terror for Battle Royale
Two teams will duke it out with little cubes running around in a large team matchup. This is a limited time mode, so check it out while you can.
NFL Outfits for Battle Royale
The NFL and Fortnite have teamed up and released some themed outfits so you can represent your favorite team. They’re available in the store starting November 9 at 7PM ET. This is actually pretty cool, as each player looks like an actual football player from an actual team. Who says Tom Brady doesn’t play Fortnite?
Fortnitemares Part 2 for Save the World
This special mode lets players use two new Heroes and battle against Vlad with an exclusive new weapon, the Candy Corn LMG.
Other than those major updates, here are all the bug fixes and patch notes for Fortnite V6.22:
Wanting to track the top community issues? Head over to our Fortnite | Community Issues Trello board here.
LIMITED TIME EVENT: TEAM TERROR
Monsters have invaded the Battle Royale island! Two teams will battle it out as Cube Monsters monsters join the fight. Defeat the other team to earn a Victory Royale.
- Two teams of 32 players. Eliminate the other team to win.
- Monster spawners are scattered throughout the map and also appear each time the storm closes in to a new circle.
- Monsters can drop weapons or ammo when destroyed. Gold monsters and monster spawners drop Legendary items when destroyed.
- Farming resources increased 75% over default.
- Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%.
- Floor loot spawns double ammo.
- Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo.
- Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
- Supply drops spawn double ammo, and an extra consumable, resource drop and trap.
LIMITED TIME EVENT: BLITZ!
Blitz is a faster-paced version of Battle Royale. The match begins with the storm moving towards the island, and the delay between each circle is shorter than normal, creating matches that are 15 minutes long or less. The map also has extra loot and resources. Profile Stats count in this mode, so fight hard for the Victory Royale!
- The storm is already moving in at the beginning of the match, choose your landing spot carefully!
- Wait time between storms is significantly shorter than usual; maximum match length is 15 minutes.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Reduced empty floor loot spawn chance from 21.5% to 3.55%
- Resource harvesting amounts increased by 50%.
- Increased materials found on the ground from 30 to 60 per instance.
- Increased number, spawn rate & the descent speed of Supply Drops.
- Increased number of llamas spawned by 4x.
- Removed shopping carts.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Heavy Assault Rifle
- Can be found in floor loot, chests, Vending Machines, and Supply Drops
- Available in Rare, Epic and Legendary Variants
- Deals 44 / 46 / 48 damage
- 3.75 Fire Rate
- Has a magazine size of 25
- The Pumpkin Launcher has been reverted back to the standard Rocket Launcher.
- We’ve reduced the spawn rate of Balloons from 12.2% to 2.3%.
- Storm max damage cap changed back to 8 damage from 10 damage.
- Players hit by a Boogie Bomb while holding Balloons will no longer have physics issues. They will now properly drop the Balloons.
SAVE THE WORLD
MISSIONS + SYSTEMS
- Fortnitemares Part 2 quests are now available!
- Complete the epic storyline of Hexsylvania.
- Now includes the Vlad miniboss and the final fight to put him to rest.
- Fixed an issue where the quest Supply Run would improperly launch players into Hexslyvania resulting in quest items not spawning.
- Fixed an issue where two survivors could possibly spawn next to each other in the same camp.
- New Mythic Ninja – Werewolf Dire
- A wild Ninja that becomes more fearsome and energetic at night.
- Available in the Event Store November 7th at 7 PM EST.
- New Perks:
- Nightstalker – During Evening and Night, gain 25% bonus movement speed.
- Midnight Stalker – Increases the movement speed bonus of Night Stalker by an additional 25%.
- Abilities cost 50% less energy during Evening and Night.
- New Legendary Outlander – Sanguine Dusk
- Uses Phase Shift to steal health from enemies.
- Available as a quest reward from Fortnitemares Part 2.
- New Perks:
- Phase Siphon – Phase Shifting through enemies deals 11 base damage and heals 6 base health.
- Super Siphon – Increases the healing of Phase Siphon to 32 base health.
- Fixed an issue where glowing effects on Ninja characters would stop glowing after entering Shadow Stance.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to appear in your lobby even after they have left.
- This may have caused incorrect power level restrictions on missions.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- The Candy Corn LMG is now available as a quest reward from Fortnitemares Part 2.
- A heavy, festive weapon with a huge magazine full of candy shaped bullets. Most effective at mid-range engagements when aiming down sights from a fixed position.
- Weapon Perk:
- Eliminating enemies with this weapon can spawn healing candy pickups.
- Reviving defenders will no longer leave them indestructible but unable to shoot or take any action.
- Re-summoning a revived defender will no longer leave an invisible, indestructible copy of the defender behind.
- Added additional sounds for Vlad Taker and ambient sounds for his coffin.
- Updated Atlas Victory sequence movie sound mix.
- Fixed multiple volume and missing sound issues with the Atlas.
- Fixed mix issue with Lars music suppressing ambient music.
- Fixed sound playback issues with the Flamegrill trap.
- Fixed issues with Frontend reward music not playing consistently.
- Fixed audio issues with active encampments not triggering.
Source: Epic Games.